The Igloo Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to chat and have fun.

Happy 16th Birthday, CPIgloo!

2 posters

KMS Update (03 Apr 2018)

Ciel
    Seaman
    Seaman

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2018-04-02

KMS Update (03 Apr 2018) Empty KMS Update (03 Apr 2018)

Post by Ciel Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:33 am

This is KMS. Yes, I know. I forgot my password again...it's three years since I logged in, and I'm getting old. Seriously. But I remembered this forum a few days ago and just had to check and see if this forum was still up. Surprise, it was. Starting off, I read the thread with everyone's updates, and wow that was such a burst of nostalgia.

When I reflect on it, I realize this forum's existed for a good 2/5 of my lifetime. 10 years. 10 years it's weathered the storm. And it continues standing today, a historical relic of the days of 2008-2011. Back when I was still in high school, young, naive. When Club Penguin was still thriving, only in its 3rd year.

The posts have been preserved, almost eerily so, like a time machine to the past. The grotesque Mimo's wrongdoings section still stands at the bottom of the page, for all of the public to see. Announcements from many years ago remain completely untouched. All of our idiosyncratic ways of speech from our youth still bleed from our ancient posts. And as we continue to visit this forum in the years to come, this will carry on.

Would love to keep in touch more often:)

pce

Rosier
    Rosier

Number of posts : 2160
    Registration date : 2008-03-04

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    KMS Update (03 Apr 2018) Left_bar_bleue100/100KMS Update (03 Apr 2018) Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    KMS Update (03 Apr 2018) Left_bar_bleue3/3KMS Update (03 Apr 2018) Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Forumer from the old days...she is back!

KMS Update (03 Apr 2018) Empty Re: KMS Update (03 Apr 2018)

Post by Rosier Wed May 23, 2018 7:57 pm

I haven't thought about this forum in a long time, but for some reason I did today. I looked up the old niceboard.net website and I thought the whole thing was gone! It's nice to see that everything has been preserved over the years though. (I'm also surprised that I even remember my password.)

It's so strange to consider it that way! This forum has been around for half of my lifetime. I love how the short amount of time we all spent here stuck with us after all this time, to the point that we check in 10 years later!

And definitely! I'm curious as to what everyone's been up to :)

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm