The Igloo Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to chat and have fun.

Happy 16th Birthday, CPIgloo!

3 posters

Changing the forum founder account

Poll

Should the forum founder be changed?

[ 5 ]
    Changing the forum founder account I_vote_lcap100%Changing the forum founder account I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Changing the forum founder account I_vote_lcap0%Changing the forum founder account I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Changing the forum founder account I_vote_lcap0%Changing the forum founder account I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Number of posts : 6609
    Registration date : 2008-03-10

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue31/100Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue3/3Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Founder in waiting

Changing the forum founder account Empty Changing the forum founder account

Post by Dylan Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:28 am

Hello, this is a serious topic in contrast with the usual drivel that's written on this forum.

As you probably know, the founder of this forum is Misam, and as a consequence, a lot of power within the Administration Tools, such as control of the forum backup, lies with him. However, I was searching Forumotion's forum researching about this and found this topic. In a nutshell, if the founder is away for a period of longer than 6 months, as has happened in our case, then one of us (I elect myself, but you may think differently) can set in motion a replacement by having the other Admins and Mods state that they agree that the founder can be changed. Then I have to do a load of other shit to validate all this.

Rest assured that I'm not going to use this to be evil, and if you really don't agree with it then you can vote no, but I think it would put us, in my opinion, more at ease that the memories of this forum that we cherish and look at with great nostalgia, shan't be disappearing unexpectedly any time soon.

Edit: it would appear that this theme makes it troublesome to view the poll options, just highlight them and read, and vote accordingly to what you think.
    Sheepy
    Sheepy
    Administrator

Number of posts : 5215
    Registration date : 2008-03-03

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue0/100Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue0/3Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (0/3)
    Character Achievements: ex-2007guy. Administrator. #4 poster. Head of appeals.

Changing the forum founder account Empty Re: Changing the forum founder account

Post by Sheepy Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:50 am

Despite my everlasting desire for power it'd be good to see you made the founder.

Possibly we can also discount the opinions of all the heavily inactive mods/admins?

Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue31/100Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue3/3Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Post by Dylan Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:05 am

Well, Misam is irrelevant; I'll leave it a month-ish, and if the other mods/admins (and I think it's only Mugy and Dark Ion) don't reply, then I could just demote them and try and pass it through forumotion.
    Sheepy
    Sheepy
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue0/100Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue0/3Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (0/3)

Post by Sheepy Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:23 am

That's a good idea.
    Not if I demote you first though.
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Strikes remaining:

Post by Dylan Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:24 am

A fiendish idea that only you could dream of. I like it
    Sheepy
    Sheepy
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Strikes remaining:

Post by Sheepy Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:28 am

Only inspired by you.
    Dark Ion
    Dark Ion
    Missed, Retired Mod
    Missed, Retired Mod

Number of posts : 2803
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Changing the forum founder account Left_bar_bleue100/100Changing the forum founder account Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Character Achievements:

Post by Dark Ion Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:54 am

Why would you demote me?! That's already an abuse of power. But anyways, do whatever you please, maybe set this forum into another direction.
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Strikes remaining:

Post by Dylan Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:07 am

NoMorePosts wrote:Why would you demote me?! That's already an abuse of power.

Just joking of course, I just needed every mod/admin to vote so I can convince forumotion.

NoMorePosts wrote:But anyways, do whatever you please, maybe set this forum into another direction.

I'm not quite sure that will happen haha, but it will be safe to look back on forever.
    Sheepy
    Sheepy
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Strikes remaining:

Post by Sheepy Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:28 am

Until forumotion goes bankrupt, which is pretty inevitable really as with any business.
    Or we'll all be dead and it'll get deleted for inactivity.
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Strikes remaining:

Post by Dylan Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:30 am

Trust me, I will buy the domain and host this forum so I never lose touch with you guys.

Except you, Sheepy, I want nothing to do with you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:09 am