The Igloo Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to chat and have fun.

Happy 16th Birthday, CPIgloo!

3 posters

Cheap UK Holidays

Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Number of posts : 6609
    Registration date : 2008-03-10

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Cheap UK Holidays Left_bar_bleue31/100Cheap UK Holidays Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Cheap UK Holidays Left_bar_bleue3/3Cheap UK Holidays Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Founder in waiting

Cheap UK Holidays Empty Cheap UK Holidays

Post by Dylan Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:59 am

Thanks to my idiot countrymen, the UK has taken the retarded decision to leave the EU. Within an hour, the GBP fell to its lowest value since 1985, so I guess that means a good exchange rate for you foreigners. Please come and visit, we need as much money as possible since our economy is down the shithole.
    Sheepy
    Sheepy
    Administrator

Number of posts : 5215
    Registration date : 2008-03-03

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Cheap UK Holidays Left_bar_bleue0/100Cheap UK Holidays Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Cheap UK Holidays Left_bar_bleue0/3Cheap UK Holidays Empty_bar_bleue  (0/3)
    Character Achievements: ex-2007guy. Administrator. #4 poster. Head of appeals.

Cheap UK Holidays Empty Re: Cheap UK Holidays

Post by Sheepy Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Lowest only against the US dollar. GBP was doing worse against the NZD in 2013 at 55p/$1. Today it's only 52p/$1 from 47p/$1 prebrexit.

I'll pay up to £200 excluding VAT including postage to New Zealand for an 8GB RX 480 though.

Also why did you guys do this.
    Like why.
    Like seriously.
    Like wtf.
    Like don't you have a fucking brain you mothercunting dumbfucks.

Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Cheap UK Holidays Left_bar_bleue31/100Cheap UK Holidays Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:

Post by Dylan Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:27 am

Sheepy wrote:Lowest only against the US dollar. GBP was doing worse against the NZD in 2013 at 55p/$1. Today it's only 52p/$1 from 47p/$1 prebrexit.

I'll pay up to £200 excluding VAT including postage to New Zealand for an 8GB RX 480 though.

Also why did you guys do this.
    Like why.
    Like seriously.
    Like wtf.
    Like don't you have a fucking brain you mothercunting dumbfucks.

Why we did it has several answers.

- People are stupid and do not realise the immense economic benefits that we have from being a member of the EEC. I mean 'free motherfucking trade'. Why people thought leaving would give us a better chance in the world I don't know, because why would EU countries buy from the UK when they can get products tariff-free from within the common market.

- People were duped into believing that the UK pays £350m/week into the EU without any reparation, which is simply retarded. The trade we get, along with the UK being home to European HQ for many multinationals, and London potentially the financial centre of the world overcomes that hugely. Not to mention the EU funds the construction of many tourist locations as well as colleges, building projects etc. in more economically deprived regions of the UK.

- Simply, some people are racist and xenophobic and don't like the fact that their are many migrants to the UK from other EU countries. Obviously these people don't realise that in order to settle in the UK from Europe, you need to have a full time job, otherwise they have to return to their own country within 90 days. Unfortunately, without migrant, this country would not function. Take your standard NHS hospital: many doctors and nurses are not native to the UK, and the NHS could not survive without their contribution. Not just doctors and nurses, the people that make the hospital run are majority migrants. The people who clean from 11pm-7am for £5/hr, or the people who slave away in the kitchens. Most British people wouldn't do that because they believe they're too entitled, so without them, hospitals would be on their knees.

- Old people who don't know anything other than "we want our country back/we want democracy back". The EU has been a major force for good, workers' rights, health and safety etc. The EU may be bureaucratic, but it is not 'undemocratic'. As far as I know, commissioners from each country which are sent by the democratically elected leader of that country draw up legislation to be debated and passed in the EU Parliament.

I voted to remain, as well as a lot of my friends from my college. And we're all fairly intelligent, enlightened young people who know what's good for the country. If surveys are to be believed 75% of 18-24 year olds who voted voted to remain, but only 30-40% or voted. So unfortunately, you could say that's where the vote was lost.

Now we've not even left the EU and the pound suffered its worse drop in value, and is at its lowest value to the dollar since 1985. This means tomorrow morning, petrol prices will have rised a nice amount. I just hope that there's some way this vote doesn't get passed, it's not legally binding but it would be career suicide for any politician to refute the wishes of 52% of the electorate. But why do we even need politicians if we just let any major political decision be made by uneducated morons.

Every economic study/expert made it well clear that leaving would be worse off out of the EU, but the noisy, shouty, know-nothing, anti-intellectualists based on nothing but tabloid-stoked, prejudiced, flag-waving, nostalgic-wrapped isolationism either couldn't find this information out for themselves or didn't understand it. And these people's vote are worth the same as mine and it's fucking unbearable to believe they think they have a valid, informed opinion.

People kept blaming the Remain campaign as 'project fear' but it will turn into 'project reality'. It's not their fault that people willfully ignored them and believe the lies that Leave were spouting. One of the claims during the leave campaign was that £350m/week could be spent on the NHS. It took Nigel Farage less that 3 hours to, in fact, tell us that that couldn't happen. Daniel Hannan told the public that they will be 'disappointed' if they think European immigration can be controlled. Those two facts alone are probably why the majority of the leave morons voted.

Ironically, regions with the most leave voters are also the regions most economically dependent on the EU, so it's very satisfying that these people will suffer the most. Take Cornwall for example, 57% voted to leave. They received £400m of EU funding between 2000 and 2006, £500m between 2007 and 2013, and £416m of further funding for 2014 to 2020, and these cunts have the cheek to request that they continue to get this from Westminster. Farmers get massive EU subsidies too, so we can expect milk and food prices to increase.

David Cameron resigning was potentially a clever thing to do. He said he won't sign Article 50, which is the article which moves for a country to be removed from the EU. He says he'll leave it for the next PM. Now you would think that the next PM would be either Boris Johnson, or Michael Gove, the two figureheads of the leave campaign; however, on Brexit morning, these two didn't appear as happy as you would think, seeming as they both won the referendum. There's a theory that they realise that if they become PM, they themselves will have to sign Article 50 themselves, which will have massive economic effects on the UK, and then they will be to blame for it rather than David Cameron. Signing article 50 will also lead to the breakup of the UK. Scotland will vote to become independent, and Ireland could be reunified. This would be on their hands.

Now, for me, I'm just sad that we might not be a part of the EU. I feel both British and European, and I feel being in a community with Europe gives us massive benefits. Whilst in the EU, I have the opportunity to be educated, to live and to work in 27 other countries. This is an insanely unique position to be in, and I feel like it's been ripped away unfairly by uninformed people. I don't think that, economically, leaving the EU it will affect me as much as a lot of people, so I'm thankful for that. I'm also disappointed that a lot of people who voted leave did so as a protest vote and didn't realise the effects and later regretted it that morning.

This is a summary of what happened by 12:18pm the day the result was announced: Britain voted to leave the EU, France overtook the UK as the fifth largest economy after the pound plunged to a 31-year low, PM resigned, Scottish FM confirmed new bid for independence, president of Sinn Fein made a new bid for Irish reunification, Spain made a claim for dual sovereignty for Gibraltar, and a motion of no confidence was tabled against the leader of the Labour party.

That's what I've got to say on the matter, I can only hope we see the light and disregard this bollocks, but who knows. I'll get a degree and leave this shithole as soon as I can if we leave.

Mugy
    Mugy
    Ranked #2 Poster
    Ranked #2 Poster

Number of posts : 8483
    Registration date : 2008-04-13

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Cheap UK Holidays Left_bar_bleue100/100Cheap UK Holidays Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Character Achievements: Ranked #2 Poster, Commander-In-Chief rank.

Post by Mugy Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:46 am

No one has the balls to push the article 50 button.
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Strikes remaining:

Post by Dylan Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:53 am

Mugy wrote:No one has the balls to push the article 50 button.

Thank goodness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:59 am