The Igloo Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to chat and have fun.

Happy 16th Birthday, CPIgloo!

4 posters

Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015

KMS

Number of posts : 13695
    Registration date : 2008-03-04

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Left_bar_bleue40/100Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Empty_bar_bleue  (40/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Left_bar_bleue3/3Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Ranked #1 Poster, Commander-In-Chief Rank.

Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Empty Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015

Post by KMS Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:41 am

Glad to see everyone else is checking on the forums periodically.
    I thought that everyone here deserves to know how I've been the past couple of years so here it is.

The last two years have been annoying, but I have yet to give a fck. I'm graduating from university this semester, I'm probably going to grad school for a few years. Other than education stuff I haven't been really up to much. Just general socializing and some gaming on the side (I only play one game, super smash bros melee, but i play it competitively). Sounds like a pretty boring life, and yeah it is, living year after year with not a lot of novelty. The variety of talks and stuff I remember from this forum was a far more interesting part of my life. Don't get me wrong, my life isn't bad, just gets boring, which a lot of people go through.

Hope everyone's been doing well after all these years. I'm counting 7 years by this spring? I actually came back here because of the memory of plotting to spam CP clan back in 09. THey're dead now, with its members scattered (checked a few minutes ago lol); at least we've still got here to come every now and then for updates.

For old times sake, here's what I remember most from this forum's history (mostly from 08 to 09, when we were by far the most active).
    Again, it was really fun chatting on the forums then.

1. My initial obsession with posts. Do you remember Oneurt? The one that spammed so much and had really low quality posts for the most posts, and was banned for that? I remember once someone (I think Greensnow? then namine) posted a fanart of a anime style character, Oneurt commented "why don't you show real girls" or something like that. He also posted a really amusing poem/rap dissing me, I specifically remember a line "he cocks an ant". Then Suiseiseki (then Gabby) posted a poem/rap in response with a line "KMS is awesome, owns Owneurt". I think that was like the first big thing that ever happened on this forum, with the spam and all. It was pretty funny, now that I look back on it. I think I got to most posts in April and with Tonetone34 posted the majority of posts all the time. I remember going on at all hours to check if anyone else had posted just so I could increase my post count. Funny kid I was back then.

2. Watching World cup 2010 while chatting each other. Jaggermuffin, 2007guy, Mugy(?) do you remember this? Mimo was also there, I remember he wanted Italy to win cause his mom was Italian and his dad was...from an Arab country? When they lost he successfully predicted Spain would win, which they did. I remember Jaggermuffin complaining about how England was rubbish at penalty shootouts, the disallowed goal against them vs. Germany was a complete disgrace, and calling Robert Green an arse of a goalie XD. Those were really fun times, I must admit. Even with Mimo on the side. He used "-___-" a lot, which pissed Mugy off a lot, lol. That whole Mimo story is worth remembering about in a separate post (maybe a couple of posts), but for now just go read the History of the Forums by me in Documents.

3. Greensnow chats. Lol Greensnow I remember how much we used to talk back then, from life in general to funny stories about weirdo teachers I had to puzzles and riddles to sharing music. We stayed up until like 7am (4 am for you) talking sometimes, I would die if I tried that now. I was also obsessed with perverted jokes back then and sorry I think you took most of them,( especially "that's what she said) lol. It was a really fun time, hope you can see this and remember that too. Specifically, do you remember when one of your real life friends stole your computer and saw the chatbox of me open? Or the time you recorded you playing the piano, lol. Or talking about anime, especially Code Geass. You used to like anime a lot more, then it was Gabby that liked it, then it was me. I still enjoy anime, though I can't really watch as much as I used to. talking to you was the most fun times I had back then. Hope you're doing well right now.

4. Gabby and Dark Anionic talk XD. Their level of goof was hilariously on sync, it was so funny reading through the half spam they produced day by day back then. "WE LOVE POTAO" is one I remember particularly. Sorry you guys changed your names so many times back then I will just refer you guys by the names I remember you most by.

5. Forum awards. I forget which year it was, probably 2010, but it could have been much more recent, those years just blend together. I remember Mugy being disappointed because he only got two awards, one of which was "most random". I and Jaggermuffin I think got the most awards, though who got how many is quite fuzzy in my memory. A little digging through the archives will probably find the answer. We spent so much time voting and discussing on such pointless awards, and actually cared if we won or not XD.

This was just my perspective of the funny things in the forum. Add yours I'll read them :)

Hope to hear back from all of you soon.

Respectfully
    "KMS"
    Dark Ion
    Dark Ion
    Missed, Retired Mod
    Missed, Retired Mod

Number of posts : 2803
    Registration date : 2008-03-16

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Left_bar_bleue100/100Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Left_bar_bleue3/3Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
    Character Achievements:

Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Empty Re: Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015

Post by Dark Ion Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:07 pm

This is beautiful, king master's servant. Thank you for taking the time to write about yourself and reminisce the wonderful years the forum has produced. It's been a honor having a place to come back to every once and a while and see that people do the same thing too. I guess this is truly an extension of ourselves - a place that no matter what happens, we always find ourselves coming back. I love all of you and I wish for everyone to have the most wonderful years ahead. And for you KMS, I hope in time you can find yourself a hobby of sorts to pass the time because life is full of meaningful and amazing things to do, all you have to do is start!
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Administrator

Number of posts : 6609
    Registration date : 2008-03-10

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Left_bar_bleue31/100Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Character Achievements: Founder in waiting

Post by Dylan Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Very nice, old friend. I remember pretty much everything, especially *that* World Cup, when Germany dickslapped us 4-1 after Super Frankie Lampard had a goal disallowed and Rob Green had that howler against the US.

I still check this forum periodically (just to make sure it's still being hosted haha). It's the only forum I ever joined and I'm glad I did.

Good to see you dropped back after so long haha

-Dylan (or Jaggermuffin - wow that name feels strange to type nowadays)
    Rosier
    Rosier

Number of posts : 2160
    Registration date : 2008-03-04

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Left_bar_bleue100/100Update: "KMS" 1/21/2015 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    Character Achievements: Forumer from the old days...she is back!

Post by Rosier Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:41 am

This reply turned out waaay longer than I expected

Wow, this is such a throwback!
    I remember all of that except the World Cup stuff because I didn't watch it with you guys.

KMS wrote:Greensnow chats. Lol Greensnow I remember how much we used to talk back then, from life in general to funny stories about weirdo teachers I had to puzzles and riddles to sharing music. We stayed up until like 7am (4 am for you) talking sometimes, I would die if I tried that now.

Awww, yeah I remember staying up late to chat with you on MSN :) We lost a lot of sleep (you especially) but it was worth it!

KMS wrote:I was also obsessed with perverted jokes back then and sorry I think you took most of them,( especially "that's what she said) lol. It was a really fun time, hope you can see this and remember that too.

Surprisingly, I hardly remember your perverted jokes haha. But yeah it was a really fun time!

KMS wrote:Specifically, do you remember when one of your real life friends stole your computer and saw the chatbox of me open? Or the time you recorded you playing the piano, lol. Or talking about anime, especially Code Geass. You used to like anime a lot more, then it was Gabby that liked it, then it was me. I still enjoy anime, though I can't really watch as much as I used to.

YES I remember that! That was kinda weird to explain to her hahaha. Did I record myself playing piano? I hardly remember that. But I know you uploaded a video of you playing a scherzo by Chopin and I was really impressed!

Oh man, I remember my anime days... I was so into Death Note and later you got me into Code Geass and Bleach! At some point you even changed to your name to "Ichimaru Gin."

I was also really into Go back then and got you to start playing too! You even ended up beating me in some games haha

KMS wrote:talking to you was the most fun times I had back then. Hope you're doing well right now.
    Yeah, same here! I am doing well, and I hope you are too!

The past few years have actually been pretty fun! I traveled around the U.S. a bit more and I went abroad for the first time. I went to Comic Con for the first time, after wishing to go for so many years. I was able to see two of my favorite artists perform live (I saw Ed Sheeran at my first concert and Bastille at my second). I bought a Disneyland annual pass and visited the place several times with my best friends. Oh and I can drive now, which is pretty cool.

As for my education, there's only a few months til graduation! I'm honestly really excited for university. Still not quite sure what I want to do with my life though.

NoMorePosts wrote:It's been a honor having a place to come back to every once and a while and see that people do the same thing too. I guess this is truly an extension of ourselves - a place that no matter what happens, we always find ourselves coming back. I love all of you and I wish for everyone to have the most wonderful years ahead.

Well said! It's still so strange to wrap my mind around the fact that it's been 7 years since we first joined this forum. So much has changed in the past 7 years (and this is totally cliche) but this forum and all of you guys still have a special place in my heart :')

- GreenSnow/Namine/Rosier

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:25 pm